Hypertufa 2-day Workshop
I have been instructing workshops on the Hand Building of Hypertufa and also Carving of Hypertufa at Malaspina College located in British Columbia at the Duncan, Nanaimo, and Parksville campuses, as well as private workshops and presenting talks on Hypertufa at several of the local Garden Clubs for over four years. During our workshops each student will learn the technique of building a hypertufa bowl, which they will be able to take home on after the course. The following is a workshop outline:
- Introduction to the hypertufa workshop, you will learn the formula to make hypertufa and build a hypertufa bowl to take home.
- Proper method of finishing your hypertufa bowl
- Method of water proofing a hypertufa bowl.
- Step by step instruction to make a hand molded hypertufa planter/bowl
- Students will build their own hypertufa planter/bowl.
- Removal of the hypertufa from the mold and finishing of the planter/bowl
- Show the method of water proofing hypertufa planter/bowl.
- Review and questions.
Island Garden Design Ltd is registered with a WCB registration number. Fee for the workshop will depend on the location of the course, plus $5.00 CDN per student for supplies. (peat moss, perlite and cement).
Make your own hypertufa:
Project: Build your own garden trough
Contact us for more info